Friday, December 29, 2023

2023...the Year that Was...


 December 29th, only two more days left in 2023. The years pass so quickly as I get older. It feels like yesterday that I was sitting in front of Wes Vaughn for my final match of the 2023 KC March Madness Tournament. It had been a fantastic tournament for me as I got to play against Paul Works, the tournament winner and Wes Vaughn, the tournament runner-up. I attended my first tournament 10 years ago and to sit across from two of the great players was very satisfying. 

My best tournament finish to date as Larry Zoet and I tied for 3rd Place. 




March Madness is always a good time. Recommend it highly!!



My favorite game of the year would be PdH1 Praise the Lord. Super fun scenario that played out like the historical event. It was a really great ASL experience!



In July, Dan Best and I would spend a day hiking at Pea Ridge Battlefield and then spend the rest of the 4th of July Weekend playing ASL. It was truly an epic weekend!!!



One of the strangest and most disquieting events of the year, was a months long assault on the Blog. It started around May and persisted until about October. In September, the Blog would hit 47K views. A normal month is 4000. Of course, they weren't real views as none of my posts was actually read. Not sure what was going on or why, but hopefully it's over at this point. The Blog would surpass 600K views this year, but it didn't feel earned.


2023 would be the best year ever for wins and would be second for most games played. As of this posting I am at 118 games with two more lined up with Dan before the end of the year. So, I should finish with 120 games total for 2023.




The biggest milestone of the year would be playing my 500th game against Dan Best. We have put in some very solid play over the past 10 years. I look forward to the next 500!!


My thanks to my 2023 Opponents!!



Reid Roubidoux



Keven Adams


Wes Vaughn



Paul Works


And of course, Dan Best!




Thanks for spending your valuable time at Grumble Jones this year. I hope to see you throughout 2024!




Wishing you and your families a wonderful 2024!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment