Sunday, December 26, 2021

A look back at 2021...

So we have reached the final weekend of 2021. It's been perhaps the most challenging year of my life. Loss, isolation...too much change marked this year for me personally. My personal life this year stands in stark contrast to the amazing year of ASL. It would be difficult to have had a better year of ASL than I enjoyed. From my February interview with the 2 Half-Squads to a full year of games with Dan, Scott and Dave...2021 has been without peer.


The only thing lacking for 2021 was of course Tournaments. For the second year in a row, I was not able to see so many of my ASL brothers. It's been a shared disappointment for us all. Our community is stronger when we are able to come together and share our love for this amazing game.

So what were the highlights of the year nearly past?  Well at the top of the list has been the interview with Dave and Jeff of the 2 Half-Squads. I've been a fan of their excellent podcast for years. If you haven't listened...well pause this and go straight to:



So much fun!!!


Professor Rollwright highlights the stats of the year gone by. 125 games is  pretty unbelievable and will more than likely be a record that stands the test of time. I honestly don't think I could play anymore than that...and not sure I want too. Moderation in all things is a good rule of thumb. Believe it or not...you can play too much ASL.

But, in a year with so much emotional upheaval...the ability to suspend all that and play some ASL was much needed! So thanks to my opponents. Thanks to Scott in St. Louis for our Friday Starter Kit games. They are a nice change of pace and it's so liberating to take a 4 factor +3 shot....cause why not...AIN'T NO STINKING SNIPER TO WORRY ABOUT!!!  A little Starter Kit in your ASL diet is not a bad thing!

Thanks to Dave Mareske for playing games on the road from his hotel and at my own home! Dave was my one and only face to face game of the year.

And of course thanks to my opponent Dan Best! Dan's dedication to ASL is simply unsurpassed. Dan is always ready to play a game of ASL. We had some epic games this year! Saturdays have never been better! Looking forward to another great year of "Our Saturday Games!"


Not much more to say, Grumble Jones will be back in 2022 with more AAR's and Scenarios!!!


Absolutely!!!

The only question is....ARE



Thanks for spending time at Grumble Jones 

in 2021.


We will see you in 2022!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment