Friday, July 2, 2021

Gurmble Jones July Scenario GJ097 Bandengebiet Hide & Seek


 Well...July came up on us out of nowhere. It seems like just yesterday I was unemployed staring out the window on a quiet April day. And here I am on my last night in a hotel after 32 days. One good thing...I earned Diamond Status with Hilton...woohoooo!!!! We closed on our new home in Oklahoma late yesterday after waiting all day due to a ransomware attack that took down a third party provider of the closing paperwork. Yesterday morning, I wasn't even sure I would be able to close. Thank goodness a fix was found and we were able to complete our move. It's been a hard road these past many months. But with the coming of July, I can move on to the next chapter in my life. One of the good things about being in Tulsa, is that I think I can make it to Texas next year. It's been 6 years since my last visit to Round Rock. About time to get back down there!


June sure looks like a long way out there...but it'll be here before you know it!!!



For our latest Grumble Jones offering, I wanted to try something a little different. So I turned to the Partisan War in Italy. As always, Osprey Publishing was my partner in crime.

This month's scenario is a bit of hide and seek. The Partisans are trying to escape detection as the Germans close in on them.

Not sure how well this plays out...but it was interesting enough during the walk-throughs. 












Keeping it short and sweet tonight as I have some packing to do in order to check out of my hotel casa for the final time. As always, I hope this scenario captures the flavor of the partisan fighting in Italy towards the end of the war.









As always these monthly "Basement Quality" Scenarios are offered for fun only and as a thank you to the readers of this blog.

Remember to open pictures in a new window in order to maximize the size. 

And as always, these scenarios can be downloaded from The ASL Scenario Archive 

(just search on Grumble Jones).

No comments:

Post a Comment