Monday, November 25, 2019

A Note About AP142 - The Closer

Well...here at Grumble Jones...it's time to jump out of the tank and have a little discussion. Yesterday, after putting in about 10 hours to complete the AAR for our Saturday playing of AP142 - The Closer, I saw a post from Steve Pleva pointing out that my Canadian setup was in error. I argued that I had in fact set up properly with one Canadian Tank in separate Lettered Hex Rows. I was certain that I had done it right. But behold...Steve pointed out that it was the 1/2" MMC counters that were supposed to be one per Lettered Hex Row. I had goofed the entire Canadian setup and of course ruined an otherwise great game. 

Yup..I methed up big time. I took a minute to think about what to do to correct the situation. Replaying the game was out...so I thought...well I can add a disclaimer to the Blog Post pointing out the setup error.

But then I thought...no...gotta delete it all. So I deleted the FB links to the blog post and then deleted the blog post itself.

I felt like it would be a disservice to Pete's scenario to leave a misplayed ARR out there, which could lead to other folks misplaying it as well, if they failed to notice the disclaimer. It's never easy to just delete 10 hours of work...but I felt like it was the best thing to do. So my apologies to my readers who were looking forward to their Monday AAR read. 

In the background, Dan and I also updated both ROAR and the ASL Archive to show a Tie/Draw instead of a Canadian win. I was bummed big time as it had been a great game for my Canadians and my Sherman Firefly had managed to take down the German Puma, Panther and Tiger I all by itself before a Panzerfaust sent it to eternity. I'll just have to savor that memory separate from this misplayed scenario.

As much fun as I like to have with my AAR's, I do take them seriously and want them to have some useful content for people who are interested in playing that same scenario. So, again my apologies for the gaff and we'll hopefully post a correctly played ASL 26 Tanks in the Streets on December 9th.

As always, thanks for spending your time at Grumble Jones!

3 comments:

  1. It's Ok, Scott. I value your decisión. As always, you AARs are my weekly dose of serously played and informative ASL, but these things happen. I can wait, and this permits to thank you boys for the enjoyment I have with your reports. Best wishes, roll low and go on!
    Luis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Luis! You and my other readers are the reason I keep this blog rolling along!

      Delete