Sunday, December 31, 2017

Happy 2018!!!

2017...what an amazing year for ASL. I've have never played so much ASL in one twelve month stretch...(well since I was a working adult!!!). I managed to log 54 games and a couple of play tests, which were not recorded.

Professor Rollwright breaks down the statistics for 2017.  I managed to win 38% of my games, which is pretty reflective of my life-time experiences in playing ASL. I tend to win 4 out of 10 games. So winning a tournament is clearly not in my future. I managed to attend two tournaments this year (Kansas City March Madness and the St. Louis Tournament). I struggled in both tournaments, but managed to get one win at each of them. 2017 was a great year for playing some new folks. I'd like to take a moment mention each of you and thank you all for the great game play this year!

Tom Abromatis = we got in one scenario over SKYPE. I hope to play again in 2018.
Scott Waites = my regular opponent since 1978  - 6 games in 2017
Dan Best = we met 37 times in 2017 and have changed for all time what Saturdays are all about!
Dave Mareske = we met 3 times in 2017 and I hope for more in 2018!!
Colman Quill = we met twice and had a blast each time - see you again in KC!
Francis Biss = we met once and it was a hard fought PTO scenario - see you again in KC!
Jeff Ital = we met once at March Madness and again in St. Louis - see you again in 2018!
Richard Burton = we met once at March Madness and you Sir are my favorite opponent to discuss the finer points of the American Civil War.
Rob Wirthlin = we played one PTO scenario in St. Louis. I never searched so long and hard for a machine gun in the jungle!!! see you again in 2018!
Rick Reinesch = I finally got sit across the table from my Texas Friend. And we even got in a few rounds of Blue Max! I tip my hat to you Sir for being one of the earliest supporters of my blog. So very much appreciated!






































When all is said and done and the last morale check has been rolled...it's the people who make up the ASL Community that make this game great!


Now for a look back at the notable scenarios of 2018!

My proudest win of the year - Belgian Blitzkrieg

My most devastating and humiliating defeat...Hill 621...




My doctor is helping me though....










And finally my favorite game of 2017 (my most favorite!) was Hart Attack against Dan Best. I finally had an AT Gun in the right place and my dice allowed me to stop Dan's Lee Tanks. It was a hard fought battle and one that I enjoyed from start to finish. 



So here's to the year that was and to the year to come! Happy 2018 Everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Happy new year to you. Only got 15 scenarios in this year but feels like much more ASL than that as I enjoyed all your AAR which make my wish list grow.... thanks for taking the time to share and illustrate these ASL moments with all of us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rene, thanks so much for following my blog! My best wishes to you and your family for a happy and healthy 2018!

      Delete