Friday, June 12, 2015

A Look Back...

Many of us old-timers remember the days when Squad Leader first hit the stores. I believe my first copy of Squad Leader cost me $12 dollars. Today, we take for granted the plethora of MMP and Third Party products available for Squad Leader. Back in the late '70's and early '80's there just wasn't much out there. But I still have my copy of Spartan magazine from those early days. It has one of the early reviews of Squad Leader and explains to its readers why it believed the game would have a long future.  This particular issue of the magazine can still be found, but is rather pricey from what I have seen on-line. In addition to the Squad Leader review it has a great set of rules for WWII skirmish gaming that I used with my miniatures for many years.

Every now and then it's fun to look back and realize how far this game has come in the past 40 years.






No comments:

Post a Comment