Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Signing off for 2018 a bit early this year...


Just a quick post to let my readers know that there will not be any further "Our Saturday Game" AAR's for the remainder of the year. Dan Best and I were scheduled to play this coming Saturday, but due to tragic fire that destroyed my son's apartment, I will be in Tulsa this weekend to help him out with anything he needs.




My son was fortunate to escape from the fire, but one of his neighbors was killed escaping from his second story apartment. My son has found a place to stay as have 15 of his other neighbors who also lost their apartments. The Red Cross and Salvation Army have been assisting. And fortunately, I had purchased insurance for my son, so he will be receiving assistance from State Farm. (Renters Insurance is always a good investment if you have never considered it.)



Not much more to say. I am extremely grateful that my son is safe and that so many people have offered their assistance. Christmas will be especially happy for our family this year. We have much to be thankful for. Our prayers go out to the family who lost a loved one to this fire.

While, there will not be any more AAR's until January 5th, I will be posting the year end scenario collection for 2018...the "From Your Momma's Basement II" pack will be posted shortly.

Thanks everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Hope your son is safe. One always replace the items in the fire. My you and yours have a great holiday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gary! I wish you and your family a happy holiday season as well!

      Delete
  2. Whoa, scary! I’m glad your son and most made it out. May make this Xmas especially poignant.

    ReplyDelete