Wednesday, July 31, 2013

The end of AP50 Panzer Geist...or what happens when you a roll a 12 against a Panther...

 Blazing tanks mark the final resting place of our brave Soviet comrades...who died fighting the fascist beasts...
This game went down to the wire. The final German move sealed the German victory. Although...one terrible sequence in Turn 5 perhaps decided the battle. The last remaining German Panther was slugging it out with one of my T-34/85's. He kept missing. In my Prep fire...I managed a snake eyes on the to hit. Anything but a 12 and we have smoking Panther. "12"...and there it was. In D-Fire the Panther KIA's with snake eyes an Russian 4-5-8, 8-1 and Demo Charge that had assaulted it. Then it fires and blazes the T-34/85. And in that instant, the game momentum changed to the Germans.

In the end, my plan nearly worked. The Russians ended up with 13 Victory Points to the Germans 15. Had I not rolled a 12...I would have tied the game up and possibly won it outright.

But alas...this is ASL...and rolls count...

No comments:

Post a Comment