Wednesday, May 30, 2012

S26 Turn 4-1/2 to 5-1/2

Wow...rough battle again tonight. The Germans pressed home their assault with massed infantry stacks and tanks all around. My 57LL fought valiantly, but couldn't penetrate the armor of the Panthers. A critical hit took them out and ended their futile resistance.

My 4-4-7's got hit hard as well and another squad fell to the German guns. My MMG is broken and that couldn't have happened at a worse time as Germans begin moving towards the position for the final Close Combat.

For the most part, my troops skulked out of harm's way, but as the German noose tightens, there won't be any place let to skulk too.

But...The Soviets still control 7 of the mulit-hex buildings and the Germans only have two moves left.  I sent 2 x 6-2-8's into the German backfield and this drew off one of the MKIV's and some infantry. This will relieve some of the pressure and might just buy me the time to hold out.

Next week's game should bring about a conclusion. It hasn't been pretty for the Soviets, but victory is still possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment