Friday, August 5, 2011

Back to Playing again...

Looks like the weekly game night will change to Thursdays. Recent events kept ASL on the back burner for a while. My opponent's Alaskan Malamute was ill from a tick borne illness and is recovering following a blood transfusion. As for myself...some tough contract negotiations kept me from gaming.

So it was great to begin a new scenario last night. Two turns were completed of S47 Not So Disposed. I drew the Italians vs. some American Rangers and 6-6-7's. In short, I have a lot of 3-3-6's and 3-4-6's and a handful of machine guns to help the cause. My VC are pretty easy. I just need to keep a single unbroken squad in a multi-hex building. Sounds easy enough...but the US forces have a bad-ass 10-3 leading the charge. Fortified building locations will help...but 20 factor shots at +1 generally don't bode well for me.

The first couple fire phases also bore out the short comings of my forces. No range, no firepower and pathetic morale. Amazingly, after 2 turns, I am still holding my first main line of resistance and am only down 1 squad and the crews to my arty pieces...which of course were my only real fire power...guess turns 3-6 might be a little less comfortable.

We'll see how it goes next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment