Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Conclusion of Kurhaus Clash

Oh...the horror...the horror...the horror of rolling boxcars...5 times tonight I rolled the dreaded 12 and it cost me dearly as the Germans first chewed me up from long range and then moved in and completely destroyed my broken units. 10-1/2 of my 17 6-6-6 squads were eliminated. The Germans lost ZERO. In fact, the only US successes consisted of an occasional pin and only 2 German morale check breaks. Even the US offboard arty fell without an impact thanks to a miserable die roll of 11.

This scenario is definitely tough for the Americans, but clearly my initial set-up was simply too close to the German start line and I paid dearly for it.

Oh well...there's always next week!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you need to ceremoniously crush those dice in a vice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No doubt. I still use those dice. I keep trying to convince myself that it's not the dice...it's not the dice...it's not the dice.

    But of course...it's the @#!% dice.... :o)

    ReplyDelete